2013 Pinot Noir, Walala Vineyard

2013 Agnitio Pinot Noir, Walala Vineyard

Vintage: 

The 2013 growing season was early, even and all-around excellent. A warm, dry spring brought early bud break, helped with canopy vigor and berry size, and created ideal conditions for flowering and fruit set under sunny skies. With the exception of one heat spike in late June and early July, temperatures were consistently in the zone for optimal vine activity, resulting in notably healthy vines as fruit went through veraison and began to ripen. This vintage gave us the extraordinary gift to pick what we wanted, when we wanted.

Tasting Notes: 

The 2013 Walala Pinot Noir is our 1st release from our own estate vineyard. The exceptional site, Walala is comprised of 17 acres of vineyard surrounded by 1900 acres of forestland. A unique site for Pinot Noir in the “True Sonoma Coast”. This wine has a great violace color with amazing depth and clarity. The nose shows notes of cassis, blackberry and cloves associated with hints of pomelo and honeydew. Bright forest fruit flavors hits the palate. The finish is of lively fruit with lengthy spice and concentration.

Winemaking: 

This Walala Pinot Noir comes from three distinct blocks comprised of three different clones: 113, 115 and 828. Each block was fermented separately in stainless steel open fermenters. About 15% of 115 was whole cluster to increase complexity and mouthfeel. Overall, the wine represents about 10% whole cluster. From there, each block was aged separately for 12 months in 25% new French oak.

Numbers: 

Alcohol: 14.1%
pH: 3.82
TA: 4.34 g/L
RS: <0.1 g/L Dry

 

For more information, or to order, please email info@agnitiowines.com, or call 1-877-289-4196.